Nigeria South-East States and Their Postal codes search
The South East, also known as the South-East, is one of the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria. It is located in the inland southeast region of the country and comprises of five states: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo.
The South East is bounded by the River Niger to the west, the Niger Delta to the south, the North Central region to the north, and the Cross River to the east. The region is divided between the Cross-Niger transition forests ecoregions in the south and the Guinean forest-savanna mosaic in the drier north. Culturally, it is mostly inhabited by the Igbo people, who constitute the largest ethnic group in the region, making up over 90% of the population.
The South East is the smallest geopolitical zone in Nigeria, but it still plays a significant role in the country’s economy due to its oil and natural gas reserves, as well as its growing industrialized economy. The region has a population of around 22 million people, which is about 10% of the total population of Nigeria. Aba and Enugu are the most populous cities in the South East, and also the 10th and 14th most populous cities in Nigeria, respectively. Other major cities in the region include Onitsha, Umuahia, Owerri, Nnewi, Awka, and Abakaliki.
Check for the postal codes under each of these states below by clicking on them:
- Common Mistakes in Using Nigerian Postal Codes: How to use a Nigerian ZIP code correctly
- Exporting From Nigeria Made Easy: Key Facts and 100 Lucrative Things to Export
- Top 24 Best Shipping Companies in Nigeria in 2023 With Their website links, and contact details
- Lagos state postal code zip codes/Ikorodu LGA postalcode
- Arepo Postal Code: A Comprehensive Detail About Arepo Area in Ogun State