Nigeria North-West States and Their Postal codes search
The North West, also known as the North-West, is one of the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria. It is located in the northwest region of the country and comprises of seven states: Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara.
The North West is primarily located within the tropical West Sudanian savanna ecoregion. Culturally, it is mainly made up of the Hausa people, who constitute the largest percentage of the region’s population. However, there are also significant minorities of Fulani people and other groups, mainly found in the peripheries of the zone.
Economically, the region’s urban areas such as the city of Kano make significant contributions to the Nigerian economy, while most rural areas lag behind due to factors such as insecurity, low education rates, and government neglect.
The North West has an estimated population of around 49 million people, which is about 23% of the total population of the country. Kano is the most populous city in the region, and is also the second most populous city in Nigeria, and the twentieth most populous city in Africa. Other major cities include Kaduna, Zaria, Sokoto, Katsina, Gusau, Garki, and Funtua.
Check for the postal codes under each of these states below by clicking on them:
- Common Mistakes in Using Nigerian Postal Codes: How to use a Nigerian ZIP code correctly
- Exporting From Nigeria Made Easy: Key Facts and 100 Lucrative Things to Export
- Top 24 Best Shipping Companies in Nigeria in 2023 With Their website links, and contact details
- Lagos state postal code zip codes/Ikorodu LGA postalcode
- Arepo Postal Code: A Comprehensive Detail About Arepo Area in Ogun State